Services for industry
Snecma’s Vernon facility has developed a broad range of expertise which can be applied to all industries, even outside the space sector. Vernon’s offers consulting and other services covering a number of areas:
- Materials, chemistry, expert assessment
- Mechanical manufacture
Industrial services: metrology laboratories
Snecma has developed an extensive array of metrology resources and skills at Vernon. Our calibration laboratories cover a wide range of disciplines: accelerometry, torque, displacement, liquid and gas flow metering, dimensions, forces, electricity, hygrometry, mass, pressure, temperature, time-frequency, etc.
These metrology laboratories have been accredited by COFRAC for over 20 years (Electricity-Magnetism No. 2-1506, Temperature No. 2-1505, Pressure No. 2-1505) and all operations are certified to ISO 9001:2000 and in compliance with ISO 17025. Snecma provides its customers with a full package of services: in addition to on-site or laboratory calibration, our teams can manage all measurement equipment, train customer staff and provide assistance in all aspects of measurement.
Metrology Products Manager
Phone: +33 (0)2 32 21 75 74
Fax: +33 (0)2 32 21 76 65
Industrial services: materials, chemicals & test laboratories
Vernon’s materials, chemistry and test laboratory is equipped with the state-of-the-art resources needed to perform a wide range of tests, inspections and investigations of customers’ equipment and materials.
Materials and processes:
- Material selection and data
- Production process selection and qualification
- Investigations of materials and special metallurgical studies.
Investigations of components:
- Materials after tests or for revalidation
- After incidents (e.g., determining cause of failures.).
- Material condition, inspections, dimensional and functional checks by X-rays, X-ray tomography, dye penetrant testing, ultrasound, etc.
- Surface finish (2D and 3D profilometry) and monitoring of material wear.
- Static tests (tension, compression, etc.) from -269°C to 1000°C.
- High-cycle fatigue (HCF), low-cycle fatigue (LCF) and fracture mechanics (fracture toughness and cracking rate) tests from -269°C to ambient conditions. Centrifugation tests with cryogenic test rig capable of tests up to 200,000 rpm, from -269°C to ambient conditions.
- Identification of pollutants, and various investigations (on liquid, solid, or gas).
- Compatibility and safety studies.
- Gas analysis (from 1 percent to a few ppb).
- Tests of air (VOC, nitrosamines, hydrocarbons, volatile acids, etc.), water (heavy metals, nitrogen compounds, ions in solution, etc.), soil (heavy metals) and waste for reprocessing (solvents, mud, oil, etc.).
- Inspections of lubricants (oil and grease).
- Acceptance testing of materials and ingredients, monitoring of surface treatment baths.
Laboratory Product Manager
Phone: +33 (0)2 32 21 89 41
Fax: +33 (0)2 32 21 75 60
Industrial services:design, manufacture, assembly and inspection
Snecma offers an exceptional array of design, manufacture, assembly and inspection skills and resources. We can provide either specific services or a comprehensive package for the production of prototype parts, or small and medium production runs. We machine all materials, especially refractory alloys, Inconel steels, Waspalloy, steel, titanium alloys, light alloys, etc.
- Design and methods: CAD, CAM and CAPM, etc.
- Milling - 3 to 5 axis: high-precision positioning to 0.01 mm, machining of complex hydraulic conduits, high-speed machining, turning between points, etc.
- Turning - 3 and 4 axis: vertical, parallel turning, high-speed machining, precision to 0.01 mm.
- Special processes: process development and qualification, heat treatments, surface treatments, electro-erosion, welding, etc.
- Tubing: dia. 3 to 100 mm, laser vision tracing system, NC bending, welding, cleaning and packaging clean room, radiographic and penetrant inspections of welds, proof pressure test and gas leaktightness, etc.
- Assembly: assembly shops, clean rooms, fitting, modeling, laminar flow hoods, etc.
- Inspection and testing: dimensional inspections (Zeiss 3D machines, etc.), non-destructive testing (NDT), etc.
- Other services: conventional turning and milling, stoving, conventional and NC turning between points, plane and cylindrical grinding, boring, honing, etc. Consulting and technical assistance.
Snecma Vernon’s competitive advantage is its ability to organize all aspects of your production projects.
Production Products Manager
Phone : +33 (0)2 32 21 73 78
Fax : +33 (0)2 32 21 89 80