The best-selling engine in the history of commercial aviation
Snecma (Safran group) covers a large part of the civil aviation market, primarily through CFM International (CFM), an equally owned joint venture between Snecma of France and GE of the United States. The CFM56 is the world’s best-selling commercial aircraft engine, and the most reliable of its generation, with dispatch reliability approaching 100%. Covering the thrust range from 18,500 to 34,000 pounds, CFM56 engines have been an exceptional commercial success, powering many different models of both Airbus and Boeing jetliners.
Since being founded more than 36 years ago, CFM has continuously improved these engines by incorporating the latest technologies. It has also integrated evolving market requirements, especially for lower noise and emissions, which has proven to be a key to its success and global reputation.
For more information: www.cfm56.com
CFM, CFM56, LEAP, LEAP56, LEAP-X and the CFM logo are trademarks of CFM International, a 50/50 joint company between Snecma (Safran group) and GE.
· More than 24,565 engines in service
· Dispatch reliability of nearly 100%
· More than 531 customers worldwide
· More than 627 million flight-hours
· Powering 10,422 Airbus and Boeing aircraft
· 69,000 flights per day
· 3 million passengers per day
· A CFM-powered aircraft takes off somewhere in the world every 2.5 seconds
At March 31, 2013